Join me on my weight loss adventure!

Monday, August 1, 2011

Day Fifteen--Start of Week Three!

Weight this morning: 151.6lbs.
Previous low: 150.6lbs
Conclusion: My scale still hates me.

I don't even really need to get into how incredibly frustrating it is to have to re-lose the weight that I just lost last week. I was really hoping to be working my way down through the upper 140's by now, not still having my body freak out at the 150 hump. Grrr. Looks like I'm not going to make that lower 140's by my birthday after all at this rate...

Kinda fixed the dilemma with my friend! I decided to just fess up and let her know that I'm on a no carb/high protein diet as a way of shedding a few school-induced pounds (plus, like, 25) and would have to be pretty picky about what I ate. She seemed pretty cool about it so we'll see how that works! We're meeting up tomorrow afternoon, so that should be nice to get out of the house if nothing else.

Oh, and by the way, who said it could be August already?! This summer is flying by and, living in the Portland Oregon area, we really haven't had that much of one! The weather is as A.D.D as I am when I have a really important assignment that is due. (This reminds me that I have yet to finish that volunteer application for next year... dang. See? My point exactly...) It's pretty much ridiculous. If you don't like the weather in Oregon, just wait five minutes. It will probably rain. Not that I should complain overmuch, compared to the rest of the country I am very glad for our mild weather. Not only do I absolutely despise oppressive heat, but I become very unmanageable and all together lazy when it's super hot out. This probably has to do with the fact that I haven't worn a pair of shorts in years and consider jeans to be my year-long staple article of clothing. Arms showing? I'll risk it, but no one deserves to be subjected to my legs yet. Me included! 

Back to it being August already... it's my birthday this month. A pretty big one at that I suppose, it being my 21st, but is it weird if I don't really want it to happen? I don't have anything against getting older (yet), but this just opens a ton of doors with my friends that I could previously shut down. "Hey, wanna go to happy hour?" "Can't dude, I'm underage." "Ohhh yeah!" *end of discussion*. Yes, I would pull that card. I'm not much of a drinker at all, so previously it has been easiest to just beg off as being underage, but now I'm just going to have to flat out say no with nothing to back myself up besides the fact that I don't want to. This in itself will be fine, it's not like I'm pressured to drink, it will just be a much more painful and drawn out conversation of WHY I don't want to, instead of the old "pfft, I didn't make the law, take that up with the government!" and going along my merry way. 

I think I need to go back to school or something. My mind worries about the strangest things when I'm not completely occupied with the doom and gloom of assignments and impending midterms/finals. 

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment