Join me on my weight loss adventure!

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day Twenty-seven

Today's Weight: 148.lbs
Result: 1.2lb gain from yesterday

What the what?! I swear it's like my scale heard my optimistic ramblings yesterday about how I wasn't discouraged by a little gain, yada yada, and decided to spring this on me this morning. Rude! I was just as shocked to see that number as I was when I was decreasing so rapidly a few days ago. Boo. I enjoyed that shock so much better than this one.

I can't really say for sure if there were any major causes for this gain. For one, it is all definitely from water weight because there is no way I ate that many calories yesterday, (though that sounds like fun to try!), and I've been eating things that are the norm and haven't been an issue in the past one way or another with the scale. I think it's just my body's way of trying to thwart my loss--it's fiesty like that!

Today was somewhat difficult eating-wise because I ended up meeting up with a group of friends for dinner. They picked Wu's Open Kitchen, which is a Chinese restaurant for any of you who aren't familiar with it. I scoured the menu looking for something acceptable that I could eat and there was seriously not a thing there that was Dukan friendly. I didn't feel like confusing the waitress with my long and complicated "Yeah, can I get this dish, but without *insert pretty much everything made with the dish minus the meat*? Thanks!"... especially with the language barrier, it just didn't seem worth it. I stuck with a diet coke, explained to my friends why I wasn't eating which they seemed cool(ish) with, and ate later on that night at home instead. I'm going to have to try and come up with more acceptable restaurants as options!

Tomorrow has got to be some kind of a loss day or else Mr. Scale may be taking a one-way flight out the bathroom window! Haha.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment