Join me on my weight loss adventure!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day 35 (PP)

Today's Weight: 145.6lbs
Total Loss: Still 13lbs

I'm back down to my latest low today, which is nice. I was hoping for a little lower so that I could have a new low, but hey. Positive thinking! I did another pure protein day today in preparation for my off-plan dessert that I've decided I will allow myself tomorrow. Life happens even in the midst of this plan, and as much as I want to reach my goal weight as quickly as possible, it's also important to appreciate the moment and allow myself to relax for a day. We're going to a restaurant where I know I can have a great on-plan meal, and then dessert! Chocolaaaate haha.

Oh yes, and why am I randomly allowing myself this treat... it's my 21st birthday. I'm not sure why, but I've never really lost the child-like excitement that I had when I was younger for my birthday. It has become less of an event as I've gotten older, but I still have that "Oh my gosh it's my birthday, I get a day where it's about me!" kind of feeling every time. Only it used to be so much easier to rock my socks off entertainment/activity related on the actual day. The last few years I've found myself scrambling to figure out something to do that will make me feel like it was a great day, only to find myself disappointed at the end of it because all these elaborate plans fell through.

I am very aware that  all of this sounds extremely spoiled and immature, but I'm not sure how to get rid of that kind of anticipation and just accept that it's "just another day" like most people do. I suppose that I have kind of a Hollywood vision of how "milestones" should be.... although if I were going by that standard I would probably be expected to get completely smashed on my 21st and do something completely embarrassing, neither scenario am I feeling inclined to do... ah well. Such is life ;)

It will be a great day because I decide that it will be, not because of circumstance or how many people remember and wish me a happy birthday. I have my family to celebrate and that is all that matters!

Happy birthday to me =]

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment