Join me on my weight loss adventure!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day Sixteen

Lowest weight to date: 150.6
Today's weight: 150.8
Conclusion: The scale hates me a little less, but still wants to make me sweat...

Lunch went badly, I'll just say that. It was fine at first, if a little awkward because we ordered separately instead of doing the whole "What are you going to get?" dance that always ends up with us either ordering the same thing, or two separate things that we want to split with each other. I ordered a plain turkey sandwich with plans of just eating the meat and leaving the bread, which I did. She ordered a salad with a bunch of fruit and nuts in it that came with an apple. She watched me eat in silence, but kind of snapped I guess after she offered her apple to me and I declined because I couldn't eat it. She said "You're stupid. Just so that you know, you're stupid." with a scathing look on her face. Ouch.

I snapped back telling her never to call me stupid, but that pretty much ruined our hangout for me right there. I think she's due for a sit down and explanation of why this is important to me and if she can't handle it then I guess she's not a friend that I'm going to be spending time with. At the moment I was kind of shocked and unprepared to deal with that conversation so I just kinda shut down. Bummer. Odd how my personal weight goals can affect a friendship so much. In my opinion it shouldn't impact her that much, other than having to watch me be pickier about what I eat. Vegan works for her, which is great. But it doesn't for me.

So yeah, I've been pretty fired up/bummed about that happening all day. I'm concerned about the sodium content from the turkey being too high or something which will make the scales not be my friend again tomorrow, but at this point I did all that I could and I stayed on plan even though it was difficult. Yay for small victories!

I also found out that I have to go to the dentist tomorrow. Dang.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment