Join me on my weight loss adventure!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 31--One Month Completed!!

Yesterday's Weight: 146.6lbs
Today's Weight: 147.2lbs

Yikes, I missed a day! I tried to post last night but my internet was having issues right when I tried to submit my post and erased it all. I was too tired to deal with it at that point, so decided I'd just wait until tonight to try again.

As you can see by my weights, I've been steadily gaining back approx. a pound above my new lowest weight, which is to be expected I suppose because TOM just happened to appear this morning. Lovely. Dr. Dukan talks about women's cycles and to keep track, but mostly ignore what happens on the scale during that time because of water retention. The good news is that the loss is still happening, I just can't see it in the numbers.

I was so mad today though, when I first stepped on the scale it said 145.0lbs and I was shocked! I got all excited and decided to try again just to "make sure" that was real. Second weight was 147.2lbs...what? So I tried again... and again... and again... never could re-create the 145lb so I had to admit defeat and decide that 147 was the accurate one. Dang.

However,  because it was the one month mark , I wanted to measure my hips (my largest problem area) and see how I've progressed. At the beginning of this I measured 46 inches around my hips and tonight I measured 42 inches!! That means I have lost FOUR inches off of my hips in a month! That's incredible! Definite sign that this is working. I keep swearing that I look a lot thinner than the number on the scale is telling me. I typically don't get this kind of results until I'm in my 130's... also, I bought a pair of swear capri's at the store the other day in a SMALL because I wanted to be able to fit into them when I lose a little more... but they fit!! This makes me excited for when I finally hit those lower numbers! Maybe I'll finally start to see some of that muscle definition that I had when I was younger =]

My dad is doing okay, but still in the hospital so my days are spent shuttling to and from there and doing all of the errands that my mom is too scatterbrained to do at the moment. I hope he gets to come home soon.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment