Join me on my weight loss adventure!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day Fourteen

Scale told me I was 152.2 pounds today which means I gained 1.6 pounds since yesterday.... so me and the scale are no longer on speaking terms! Ahh I was so frustrated I could have cried. I ate everything like I should have yesterday, but after thinking about it I realized that all of my protein had come out of cans... which probably means really high sodium...which means my body is doing a huge "HAHA fooled you now, didn't I?!" victory dance all over my motivation levels. Dieting really sucks sometimes.

To make things positive though, I know that this is primarily (if not entirely) water weight and it will go away as my body flushes it out. There is absolutely no way that I consumed over 5,000 calories yesterday to equal a legitimate 1.6lb gain. I know this because I DID resist the amazing-looking cookies, potato chips, and cinnamon rolls available after lunch yesterday... did I mention dieting sucks? Ah well, this plan is working, I just have to be able to see past the daily fluctuations and just watch for the downward trend rather than get so hung up on each daily weight.

In other news, my BFF wants to get together for lunch and a movie or something on Tuesday. Yikes. I've kind of be staying low-key for exactly this reason. I really don't want to have to deal with restaurants overly much or have to explain over and over to her why I won't eat what she's eating. I guess I'll just have to explain how I'm eating now and hope that she'll be accommodating as far as our restaurant choices and quit tempting me with food I can't have. I guess I really just don't want to have to explain it to her. As a vegan, she really detests meat and will give me that "and what planet did you come from" look when I tell her that this is practically all protein-based.  Plus I don't want to engage her competitive nature and make her feel like she needs to get back to losing weight in order to "beat" me. (I paint her out to be a horrible person it seems like, but she's really not. These are just a few of her quirks that bug me quite a bit).

Guess I'll figure out what to do about that tomorrow! I suppose come clean and let her know that I'm actually trying to lose some weight is a start.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment