Join me on my weight loss adventure!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day One of Attack

Well, today was interesting. I started out pretty motivated, despite my ugly confrontation with the scale this morning. It had the audacity to tell me that I weighed 158.6 thank you very much, not 153 like I had thought. Awesome, another 5 pounds to add to the total weight loss I’m aiming for. Oh well, such is life. I suppose once I get close to my goal weight taking a little longer to reach the actual mark won’t mean so much as just being close to it.

Anyway, I spent 20 minutes on the elliptical this morning, as prescribed by the “Dukan” book, and let me tell you… I’m not in stellar shape. This was evidenced by my inability to pay attention to anything else but the timer which took incredibly long to reach the required 20 minutes and my collapsing on the floor underneath the ceiling fan for a good ten minutes to cool off after it was finished. This will take some work…
After that, I ate a lunch of sliced deli roast beef. I also drank a ton of water which made my stomach feel uncomfortably full and yet my body still knew I hadn’t really eaten that much. This resulted in a weird, almost light-headed feeling. I had a dinner of chicken prepared with taco seasoning and then the “gelatte” or whatever it is that incorporates the amount of oat necessary for each day. One word about the recipe: YUM! I was pleasantly surprised.

So yeah, that was pretty much my day. It doesn’t seem like a ton of food, but I ate more  meat than I typically would at each meal because of the lack of variety. I didn’t feel hungry for the most part, but I’m currently battling a pretty bad headache. Normally I attribute my headaches to low blood-sugar as I am hypoglycemic, but this way of eating should be perfect for that as protein is generally the easy cure. Eating more didn’t do much more than alleviate it for a few minutes, so I’m assuming this has something to do with it being that time of the month for me. Hopefully it goes away soon.

We’ll see what the scale says tomorrow! I’m not holding any high hopes for anything dramatic–my body doesn’t work that way.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment