Join me on my weight loss adventure!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day Three

I don’t know what it is about this diet, but apparently it works miracles… weighed in at 155.2 pounds today for a total weight loss of 3.6 pounds in three days!!!  Not to mention this was about a 2 pound drop from yesterday’s weigh-in. What the heck is going on, my body has never dropped weight this quickly… granted I’m still telling myself that it’s probably mostly water weight, (why do I always try and diminish my successes?), but still. This is progress that I am completely okay with!

In other news, my mentor contacted me again today. We talked some about our fitness goals during our tea date yesterday, and she invited me to do a Strength Exercise Training with her at the 24-Hour Fitness that she frequents on Friday. Apparently the instructor she goes to is amazing, which means to me that this will equal immense pain for me. Both physically and my pride.  I’m incredibly reluctant to do this because, well, of many reasons really. I don’t enjoy feeling awkward or embarrassed in front of people and exercise classes seem to do just that for me. I’m not naturally athletic in the slightest, and even though more consistent exercise would help that, I just can’t bring myself to do it as a general rule. I don’t know whether it’s because of her cheerful demeanor,  genuine cheerfulness, or what… but I found myself agreeing to it and there’s no going back now. Did I mention that she has been taking this class for about a year now, and therefore well past the point of embarrassment with how out of shape SHE is? Dangit. Looks like I’ll be huffing and puffing along! I wish I wasn’t so self-conscious about this kind of stuff.

Cravings were kind of an issue today. Not for lack of food, in fact I believe I ate more today than yesterday, but it’s the lack of variety. I’ve been switching up what kinds of meat I’m eating, but I really get tired of just meat! You know it’s bad when you start envying someone’s salad just because it looks different than what you’ve been staring at for three days. And I’ve got another week of this straight protein-only phase! Luckily after this I get to relax the butt-kicking of this diet and incorporate veggies every other day for some variety and keeping my body guessing.

Let’s see what tomorrow brings! I’m not expecting a huge drop, that would be too good to be true!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment