Join me on my weight loss adventure!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day Four

154.6 pounds today, for a total weight loss of 4.2 pounds…4.2 pounds by the 4th day! That’s incredible!!  My scale was acting a little bit wonky today by refusing to weigh me the first few times because of a low battery, so I had to run out and get some replacements. Hopefully tomorrow only continues the downward trend!

I went out to coffee/tea with my BFF this afternoon.Typically our outings involve going out to eat, as we both share the same enthusiasm for ethnic foods and trying new things, but today I tried to make it only about something that I can manage, so we went out to coffee/tea. I didn’t want to get into the details of what I’m doing with this diet, or even really talk about it much at all, because she is extremely competitive. As soon as I start to have some progress she feels like she has to beat me somehow, which really just isn’t fun to deal with. I think it makes her feel better when I’m larger than her. Also, she kept trying to get me to eat things that I’m not supposed to today. I don’t know if she was doing it deliberately or not, but she kept giving me strange looks when I would politely decline and I think she was getting a bit miffed at me. Sigh. I see this being a difficulty in the future.

I had a little bit of a scare though. when I refused to try her donut-disguised-as-”coffee” drink by saying that I’m trying to avoid sugar. She immediately went to her phone, and when I asked what she was doing, she brushed me off saying she was just “checking something”. She has a calorie counter on her phone so I was pretty sure she was looking up what the damage of my drink was, which made me nervous. When I saw a self-satisfied smirk I knew that’s what she was doing but I left it alone. When I got home, I looked it up as well. There were several versions of the drink which had calorie counts and staggering carbohydrate index. I was appalled that I really had unknowingly chosen something that would impact my progress, but luckily after scrolling through the options I found the “unsweetened” version and it was within the guidelines of what I can have. That was a relief! Bugs me how much I let her get to me.

Anyway, tomorrow morning is my doomsday for going to the gym with my mentor. I think it will be miserable since I’m so out of shape, but I guess it’ll be a good kick in the pants to get going on my workouts! Also, who better to do it with than someone who is very supportive and encouraging…

‘Til tomorrow!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment