Join me on my weight loss adventure!

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Day 55 (PV)

Today's Weight: 140.0lbs, 0.2 loss from yesterday
Result: 18.6lbs lost so far

No, I am seriously not kidding that I weighed right at 140 today. I so knew that was going to happen to me! I mean a loss is a loss, but for the last couple weeks I've been itching to break out of this set of digits. Argh.

I'm also nervous to see if I'll actually manage it tomorrow or not, or if I will have a gain. Today was my mom's birthday, so we went out to her favorite restaurant. I got a new york steak, but they weren't very accommodating as far as substitutions and modifications to the items on the menu and I have concerns about how it was prepared when it was all said and done. Oh, and by the way, since when does "gourmet scallops" mean DEEP FRIED in beer batter? What the heck??

I had to watch my family eat this decadent-looking chocolate fudgey goodness cake for dessert, and even though I was practically dying inside at this point, I managed to resist. I did however have a sugar-free hot cocoa tonight, which I'm hoping is okay. It's the first time I've experimented with something like that, so I'm hoping it doesn't affect the scales adversely. Also, I've been having a lot of eggs recently which I seem to remember reading may slow down weight loss by quite a bit if eaten too much. I should cut back on that and see if that helps! They're just so easy and convenient to prepare...

I ended up with quite a bit of exercise today, though. My family and I went down to the beach to sit and watch the waves and my brother challenged me to a race. Never one to back down from an opportunity to beat him, I accepted but then realized he was talking about the end point being over a mile away at the beginning of a huge cliff-like thing toward the end of the beach. Ugh. I ran/walked/panted my way there only to have him beat me (dang boy has too long of legs for this shortie) and then we did some exploring and "ran" back. I've got to get into better shape so that I can beat him next time!

 Suffice to say, today was difficult motivation-wise. I have GOT to have a good loss tomorrow or I think I will chuck my scale into the ocean.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment