Join me on my weight loss adventure!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 130--THANKSGIVING!

Today's Weight: 122.8lbs, new low!
Total Loss: 35.8lbs

Hello, hello! As promised, I'm trying to pop into here and update more frequently since I've realized how much I've missed that accountability and self-evaluation that this encourages me to do. It actually really helps to write about how I feel about food during the day because it makes me learn what things are triggers for me and how to better cope with them. Although who am I kidding, if I have an emotion I want to eat: happy, sad, lonely, depressed, nervous, you name it. I want to eat it. Haha.

I had a surprising drop this morning for a new low of 122.8! I'm now about 12-13lbs away from my goal weight and I'm seriously so excited. I never really thought I'd make it here. I mean I'd hoped, but I had always resigned myself to being the bigger, awkward, uncomfortable-with-myself girl. Not anymore! I'm still not where I want to be yet, but the results have been so dramatic and I'm thrilled with how I look and feel even now. It has definitely given me a whole new confidence in myself. What's even cooler is when other people notice this new confidence as well. Even cooler still? My thighs don't touch anymore when I walk... amazing!

Today was particularly challenging because it was Thanksgiving... oh my gosh, all of the family favorite treats were all over the place and it was about all I could do to stay out of the amazing food. Particular favorites of mine are stuffing and the table full of desserts...but I survived! I had tons of turkey, salad, and brussels sprouts to  curb my hunger. Overall I have to say it wasn't toooo bad though, since I'm used to my college friends eating all sorts of junk around me and resisting.

I have to say, I'm kind of shocked that I haven't strayed once from this way of eating. It feels great, I'm just concerned about how successful I will be at keeping off the weight and moderating myself when I actually do start adding foods back in... Hm. Something to worry about later down the road though, I have a feeling that I've got at least a few more months on this to lose the last few. My loss has been exceptionally slow over the last month, though that may have something to do with being very sick for the last couple of weeks and all of the medication I've been on for that.

Another plus: after the first of the year, one of my best friends at college wants to try this plan with me! She's watched me shrink over the last few months and admitted to being "totally jealous" of my results and wants to see how it will work for her! I'm so excited for her to get started. I'm supposed to go grocery shopping with her and show her how to shop for the right foods... I'm kinda not looking forward to the first couple of weeks when she's having a difficult time sticking to it. She's gonna kill me! haha.

Hope you all had lovely Thanksgiving's and managed to enjoy your food while staying as on track as you were planning to!

<3

2 comments:

  1. Amazing - you haven't strayed once! And the results show it! Congrats! I knew I woudl eat forbidden food last evening, and that was ok with me. I planned for it. This morning I was up a bit on the scale, tomorrow it will be back down ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you have done so well and only a little bit to go! I had to convert your measurements to Kg's to get a true appreciation of how well you have done. You are such an inspiration and you must look totally different! Congratulations on your great work.

    ReplyDelete